Monday, December 04, 2006

RUMPLESTILTSKIN




My doll club, Reining Dolls and Bears of St. Helens, Oregon is having a storybook challenge. We hope to have our dolls displayed with the books at the grand opening of the new Hillsboro Library near Portland. I chose Rumplestiltskin as a character to protray as a doll, as this was one of my favorite stories when I was a child. (And that was a loooooong time ago!)



The little wooden spinning wheel was the focal point for the inspiration for this doll. A real find at the ocal thrift store.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patti The rumplestiltskin Doll you made is fabulous, if you can you should make a pattern of him or teach a class making hime. Love and Hugs Dianne Sahakian

Anonymous said...

Your dwarf is way too adorable to be a Rumplestiltskin - wasn't he a bit of a misery in the fairytale? He is enchanting and the chldren will love him.

Shashi Nayagam said...

He is absolutely lovely. You have done a great job

Anonymous said...

your work is just AWESOME thanks for sharing!!!Carol

S. Nicolas Originals said...

Oh this one is just fabulous. It always amazes me what cloth doll artists can do with a needle. Love your work and have linked you to my site.

Anonymous said...

Olá Patti.
I decided to write that I am insane person for its dolls. Voce is a great artist and is its fan. But sinto muito not to be able to attend to a lesson of sculptured dolls its, therefore in Brazil one does not become many dolls here thus. Mldes would like to buy some its. How I make? Some sites vendem, but for them they are very expensive. Vc vende directly? Kisses of Brazil, Yara.
Case voce wants to see some of my dolls visits:
http://gentedepanoartes.nafoto.net/photo20061107024351.html