Sunday, November 04, 2007

Sarah Jean



Sarah Jean is a doll I made refering to the article by Deanna Hogan in the December Doll crafter & Costuming magazine, called Alabama cover-Up. She has a cloth over polymer head and is painted with acrylics.
The pattern for the body is my own and the head mold came from a porcelain doll head. It was a very difficult project and I could not get the top of head seam looking nice so I ceated applied hair with paperclay medium. I learned alot from this doll and will attempt to make another without the flaws. lol

8 comments:

Judi W. said...

Sounds like it was quite the ambitious project. I think it came out super. Looking forward to what else you'll do with this technique!

Anonymous said...

I think she is beautiful Patti!! I love this type of doll and love yours flaws and all, I'm sure next time you'll be happier with how she comes out but this one is just darling!!

Coppermouse Dolls said...

She is a gorgeous doll. I love the fact you used paperclay to get around the head seam. At least you'll know what to do next time.

Hugs,
Melisa

Clothmatters said...

Sarah Jean is awesome Patti! Love her face.

Heera said...

Such a sweet little face. Sarah is beautiful Patti. You have done such a good job with her. heera

Anonymous said...

Patti...Sarah Jean is WONDERFUL! You did a great job!

Love,
Nita

Kai said...

Oh, she's so pretty, Patti! She looks as though she could have been some little girl's doll from long ago! I think you did a MARVELOUS job!

Shashi Nayagam said...

Trying to catch up with all the blogs and oh my what a wonderful eye candy yours has. I love this doll. It is completely different to your dolls. She is very very beautiful.