Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Fabric Leaf project

I found just the right fabric for this project, hidden deep in the bowels of my studio. i suspended some snippets and fibers between the fabric and some fine netting and did a surface design using free-motion embroidery.

I decided to use my Altered Astrid stump doll body pattern. I love using a stump doll body as a canvas for embellishing, as it lends itself to surface design very well.

Here is the fabric after the surface design has been stitched and the sewn and unstuffed doll body.


Anonymous said...

I wish not approve on it. I think warm-hearted post. Particularly the title-deed attracted me to be familiar with the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.